Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from Pampered Chef. I recently attended an "It's A Wrap" party through them and got the recipe for this. We like it without the meat, but you can be the judge of whether you add it in or not. ZWT West region.
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, slightly softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, snipped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 6 (8 inch) sun-dried tomato tortillas
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, chopped
- 4 ounces salami
- 4 ounces ham
- Mix cream cheese with the basil and garlic.
- On each tortilla, spread about 2 tablespoons of this mixture on the tortillas to within 1/4 inch of the edge.
- Layer with romaine, salami, ham, and cheese.
- Next, layer on the olives, roasted red peppers, and artichoke hearts that you prefer.
- Tightly roll up the tortilla and cut in half on the diagonal.
Fabulous! Was in a hurry so used light cream cheese and then, instead of the basil and garlic clove, drizzled a bit of Italian salad dressing on the cream cheese and spread it over the tortilla. Used everything else in the recipe and WOW -- this one's delicious. The fact that it can be made ahead makes it extra special!
Anytime I make something twice in three days is an exceptional recipe. This is that kind of recipe. I made these for a simple dinner for Dugan and myself. He scarfed his and was looking suspiciously at mine so I just pulled everything out of the fridge and made him another. The second one I browned in olive oil and he really went carniverous over that one. He ate until I was sure he was going to explode. He barely had the strength to crawl back to his La-Z-Boy recliner and watch ESPN. I made them AGAIN on Sunday for Dugan's poker party. I fried them and cut them into fourths. The boys loved them and wanted more but I didn't have enough ingredients to make another batch so I have promised to make them again next month. I'm making myself one for lunch today. (I said I didn't have enough ingredients for THEM- I didn't say I didn't have enough for ME) LOL.
These wraps are sensational. I love the cream cheese, basil and garlic combination. Instead of ham and salami I used some left over Island Pork Tenderloin (Optional Salad). I didn't have any fresh basil on hand so I used dry. Loads of flavor in this wrap, just the way we like them. Thanks Lori for a great recipe that we will be making on a regular basis.