Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an often-requested recipe around here. I make it in quantity for my kids' team dinners and never have any left!
- 1 lb tri-color rotini pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 (3 inch) piece salami, diced
- 1 whole pepperoni, diced
- 1 (3 inch) piece provolone cheese or 1 (3 inch) piece monterey jack cheese, diced
- 1 green pepper, washed and diced
- 2 -3 tomatoes, washed and diced
- mushroom (optional)
- artichoke (optional)
- olive (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil or 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, put together all the above salad ingredients.
- Make the salad dressing at least 2 hours (preferably the night before).
- Mix all the ingredients together and let them"set".
- This makes more dressing than you need so put only what you need on the salad and toss thoroughly.
This was fabulous! I made it for the first time last night, and was asked if I would make some more for dinner tonight :) thank you so much for sharing. (I did add onion like another person suggested, cuz it sounded good, and it was!)
Absolutely delicious! This is one of those recipes you sneek into the fridge with a fork to nibble at whenever your're in the kitchen. For my family, I took out the green peppers, mushrooms, and artichokes. But it is a good idea to have extra dressing on hand to moisten leftovers.
A crowd pleaser at my house. Made as written with the optional artichokes and mushrooms. From the oldest to the youngest it was a success the salad was a hit. I might add a bit of onion next time just because I like it. Thanks for the recipe Stewie!