Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
We have been making a variation of this dressing for years. The basic ingredients are the salad dressing, yogurt, chili sauce & paprika. We have always used a tomato based chili sauce. Feel free to add a Tbsp of sweet relish if you want. Leave the vinegar out if you find it too sharp. You can use sour cream, or plain yogurt instead of greek yogurt. If you are in Canada, Liberty fat free greek yogurt is the nicest one I have found, it is very smooth & rich. Sub mayo for the Miracle Whip type dressing if that is all you have in the fridge. I don't normally use the light or low fat dressings as they have too many extra goodies, like cellulose, in them, but if you prefer them they will work just as well. I sometimes add a pinch of cayenne or chili powder to this as well. Smoked paprika will give it an entirely different twist. It will keep for a couple of weeks in the fridge, depending on the shelf life of the yogurt you use. The cooking time is actually chilling time.
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili sauce (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon liquid honey (optional)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Chill at least 1 hour to allow flavours to blend.
- Use as salad dressing, on burgers, as a dip, in a sandwich.