Taken from Videojug.com. Looked great there, being prepared. Hope to make this very soon.
Make and share this Another Chicken Fajitas Recipe! recipe from Food.com.
- Prep the Veggies: De-seed the peppers. Thinly slice the peppers and onions and set aside on a plate.
- Prep the Chicken: Slice the chicken on the diagonal into 3 cm strips.
- Make the Marinade: Grate the rind of one of the limes into a bowl then squeeze the juice of both limes. Into this, add the sugar, cayenne, oregano and cinnamon and season with salt and pepper. Mix together well.
- Marinate the Chicken: Add the chicken strips to the marinade and toss until pieces are well coated. Let marinate for 30 minutes or longer.
- Cook the Chicken: Heat the oil in a pan or griddle over high heat until smoking hot. Add the chicken and the marinade and cook until tender (approximately 4-5 minutes).
- Add the Vegetables: Stir in peppers and onions and cook until soft - about 3 minutes. Adjust seasonings, if needed.
- Garnish with parsley and serve the Mexican way: place chicken mixture into warm flour-y tortillas and top with guacamole, sour cream and tomato salsa. Roll it up and enjoy!
Made this for Spring PAC 2014 and I'm so glad I did....delicious. I used corn tortillas (for DH) and followed the instructions. Definately a keeper. I used red, green and orange peppers along with the onions and garlic. Served with Avacado Garlic Dip#512668, Cheese-Stuffed Chiles#344392, homemade salsa and Spanish rice. We had a great dinner. Thank you for posting.
I figured somebody named Chef Pollo would have a good chicken fajitas recipe and I was right!!!!!!! This is great!!! I love the seasonings in these fajitas!!! Cinnamon, cayenne, lime all go wonderfully together. I felt that 30 minutes was plenty of time to marinate because of the ceviche effect the limes would have on the meat. I did do just 1/4 tsp oregano and put 1/4 tsp dried coriander in but kept all else exactly. I ended up using only 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper. I didn't find any need to adjust the seasonings after adding the peppers and onions. The marinade was great for all of it!!!! I will definitely make these again and again, loved them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!