Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taken from Videojug.com. Looked great there, being prepared. Hope to make this very soon.
Make and share this Another Chicken Fajitas Recipe! recipe from Food.com.
- Prep the Veggies: De-seed the peppers. Thinly slice the peppers and onions and set aside on a plate.
- Prep the Chicken: Slice the chicken on the diagonal into 3 cm strips.
- Make the Marinade: Grate the rind of one of the limes into a bowl then squeeze the juice of both limes. Into this, add the sugar, cayenne, oregano and cinnamon and season with salt and pepper. Mix together well.
- Marinate the Chicken: Add the chicken strips to the marinade and toss until pieces are well coated. Let marinate for 30 minutes or longer.
- Cook the Chicken: Heat the oil in a pan or griddle over high heat until smoking hot. Add the chicken and the marinade and cook until tender (approximately 4-5 minutes).
- Add the Vegetables: Stir in peppers and onions and cook until soft - about 3 minutes. Adjust seasonings, if needed.
- Garnish with parsley and serve the Mexican way: place chicken mixture into warm flour-y tortillas and top with guacamole, sour cream and tomato salsa. Roll it up and enjoy!
Made this for Spring PAC 2014 and I'm so glad I did....delicious. I used corn tortillas (for DH) and followed the instructions. Definately a keeper. I used red, green and orange peppers along with the onions and garlic. Served with Avacado Garlic Dip#512668, Cheese-Stuffed Chiles#344392, homemade salsa and Spanish rice. We had a great dinner. Thank you for posting.
I figured somebody named Chef Pollo would have a good chicken fajitas recipe and I was right!!!!!!! This is great!!! I love the seasonings in these fajitas!!! Cinnamon, cayenne, lime all go wonderfully together. I felt that 30 minutes was plenty of time to marinate because of the ceviche effect the limes would have on the meat. I did do just 1/4 tsp oregano and put 1/4 tsp dried coriander in but kept all else exactly. I ended up using only 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper. I didn't find any need to adjust the seasonings after adding the peppers and onions. The marinade was great for all of it!!!! I will definitely make these again and again, loved them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!