Recipe by Miss Annie
This is salsa that has a good smokey flavor to it. We love it in the summer when the tomatoes are "real".
- 1 lb ripe tomatoes (about 4 medium)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 -3 serrano peppers, stemmed (for a milder taste, remove the seeds)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, serranos, onion, and chipotles in a small roasting pan.
- Broil, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are lightly charred.
- Remove from the broiler and cool.
- Place all of the vegetables in a food processor or blender, add salt and cilantro.
- Puree until mixture reaches desired consistency.
- Chill until ready to serve.