Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an easy to make recipe. The sauce is quick to make and is done it about 10 minutes. Great for lunch or dinner. I seen this made on a local TV show.
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 4 ounces roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ounce tomato juice
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon feta cheese
- Cook angle hair pasta in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes, be careful not to over cook, Keep Warm.
- Heat olive oil to a sizzle in a skillet; when oil is hot, remove the saucepan from the flame and add the roma tomatoes, green onions, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and tomato juice to the skillet, then place back on flame; Mix well too heat through approximately 30 seconds, remove from heat.
- Add cooked drained pasta to the hot skillet, spreading it over the entire veggie mixture; add feta cheese to the pasta and gently fold all ingredients until the cheese is melted.
- With tongs pull the pasta out of the skillet and mound high into bowl, with a rubber spatula, scrape the remaining ingredients on top.
- Sprinkle toasted pine nuts, feta cheese and fresh Parmesan cheese all over the pasta, sprinkle with parsley, serve.
This was really tasty and it was so unbelievably quick to make! Well, it took me at least the 15 minutes specified, but the final dish looked and tasted as if it had taken so much longer! Garlic (I confess to having doubled it!), basil, pine nuts, feta, and I added some sliced mushrooms in step 2 and a handful of baby spinach leaves and some kalamata olives to the pasta before adding it to the vegetables in step 3: so many of my favourite ingredients! I’ll be making this really versatile dish often, Barb. Thank you for sharing it!