Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
For oyster lovers.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 lb shucked oyster, rinsed and drained (halved if large)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon, onion, and garlic; pour off excess drippings and transfer mixture to a lightly greased 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Using the same skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add in the oysters; saute about 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with seasonings; stir in wine and bring to a boil.
- Add oyster-wine mixture to casserole dish; add pasta and gently mix.
- Bake in a 375° oven for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Absolutely OUTSTANDING!! The only thing we substituted is chopped basil for the chopped parsley and only because we didn't have the parsley! Thanks for sharing...it made one heck of a dinner for us tonight! We served it with a spinach and pear salad. Can't tell you how much we appreciate your recipe...we'll use it time and time again!!
This was fabulous. We love oysters so I'm always on the lookout for new tempting recipes. I made this and my family loved me for it....(thanks). I served this with garlic bread and a tossed salad. Simple and delicious, thanks for posting.....Stephanie
Wonderful comfort food which we enjoyed with Light Wheat Bread Light Wheat Bread or Rolls (ABM). Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be having again soon!