Recipe by Manda
This is a simple, flavorful, and healthy pasta dish that I threw together one night. Served with a green salad and garlic bread, it makes a very nice presentation.
Top Review by PixieDust
Oh this was so good. I made this for supper the other night and we all really enjoyed this. Very easy to make. The vegetables were so colorful and sauteed in a flavorful sauce. A nice healthy dish that looked beautiful too. Thanks Manda.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 green peppers or 1 red pepper, sliced (or combination of both)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen mixed vegetables, , broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot (, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot)
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- parmesan cheese, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 Tbsp.
- oil in medium skillet over medium heat; add chicken.
- Cook, stirring, until chicken is cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and drain on paper towel.
- Begin heating water for pasta.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet and add onion and green pepper.
- Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add frozen vegetables and garlic.
- Cook, stirring, for 5-7 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package.
- While pasta is cooking, add chicken broth, basil, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese to skillet and stir to combine.
- Return chicken to skillet; reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Drain pasta and place in large serving bowl.
- Top with chicken and vegetable mixture and serve immediately, with extra parmesan cheese for sprinkling.