Recipe by Maureen (Moe) Lebbin
These biscuits are my mother recipe. She is a wonderful southern cook. My husband loves them. She want mind if I share the recipe with you, so enjoy with breakfast, lunch, dinner!!! Mom Love Ya, Moe
Top Review by Mexikolla
5 Star Biscuits for sure. These really are wonderful! I ended up having to use 1/2 cup half&half because I ran out of buttermilk. I too forgot to add the sugar and I used butter flavor crisco instead of regular crisco. Next time I'll roll them out a bit thicker. Thanks for posting :)
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup Crisco
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 package yeast
- 1⁄2 cup lukewarm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients together with 31/2 cups of flour.
- Cut-in crisco, add buttermilk and yeast that has been desolved in the lukewarm water.
- Mix in the remaining flour.
- Cover bowl and put into fridge.
- Will last about 1 week in fridge or roll out cut-in to biscuit size and freeze.
- Bake@ 400 on buttered cookie sheet for 12 to 15 mins.