Recipe by val gal
Can't remember where this came from, but everyone here likes them better than regular baking powder biscuits.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter or 1 margarine
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl sprinkle yeast over water. Add sugar set aside till foamy.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add yeast mixture and milk and mix lightly with fork until well combined.
- Cover dough and let rise until double about 30 minutes.
- Grease baking pan.
- On lightly floured surface roll dough 1/2 inch thick cut in what ever shapes you like--round, square, etc.
- Place on greased pan with fork pierce biscuits lightly a few times. Let rise 45 minute till puffed.
- Bake at 375°F till golden.