Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Prep time do not include the 24 hour refrigeration.
- 5 lbs boneless pork butt, ground
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons file powder
- 3 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped garlic
- 8 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons cayenne
- 5 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 6 tablespoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dried thyme
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Refrigerate 24 hours.
- Make patties or whatever you need with the mixture.
- Divide into five parts (one pound each) and freeze.
- Rustic Rub: Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Blend well.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in your spice cabinet for up to 3 months.
DH loved it. I made it with 1/2 pork and 1/2 venison. I have never had andouille sausage (hard to find) so I dont know how close it is but it is sure good.
This is very close...but really, really good..DH totally loved it and asked that it be added to the must keep pile of recipes. DH is a avid hunter so we will definetly be trying to make this with venison for a variation of sausages we produce each year.