- 5 lbs boneless pork butt, ground
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons file powder
- 3 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped garlic
- 8 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons cayenne
- 5 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 6 tablespoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Refrigerate 24 hours.
- Make patties or whatever you need with the mixture.
- Divide into five parts (one pound each) and freeze.
- Rustic Rub: Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Blend well.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in your spice cabinet for up to 3 months.