Prep 24 hrs
Cook 9 mins
These cookies are light and flaky, and delicious still warm from the oven. They were a huge hit during the holidays, and one batch made enough to bring to multiple parties. They freeze well, and can be made soft again with a few minutes in a warm oven.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 24 Andes mints candies, broken in half
- In a large bowl, cream both sugars with butter.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and water; beat well.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture gradually to the egg and sugar mixture.
- Gather dough into a ball, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to assemble cookies, heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wrap each mint half completely in cookie dough, being careful to completely cover the candy.
- Place cookies at least 2 inches apart on a greased or nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-9 minutes, until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.