Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ahhh, back to the past with this recipe. There was a period in my life when my husband and I entertained alot. This was always a hit.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, soften
- 2 tablespoons anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon onion, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese with a large spoon until smooth.
- Beat in anchovy past, lemon juice, and onion.
- Adjust for seasoning. Add more lemon juice to cut saltiness as needed.
- Serve on plain crackers or cocktail rye bread.
I was hoping I would like this better. I made it exactly as written to take to a party. Just somehow not enough oomph as if something was missing. Maybe next time I'll make it the night before and add a clove or two of minced garlic. I'm glad I gave it a try.