Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is Z-Tejas' recipe and it's wonderful served with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.
Make and share this Ancho Chili Fudge Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs until well blended.
- Add flour and sugars, mix until smooth.
- Add cooled butter and mix well.
- Fold in nuts, chocolate chips and ground ancho chili pepper.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie crust.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes until pie tests done.
- Serve warm, topped with fresh whipped cream.
- Note: Ancho peppers are available whole. To grind, soften peppers in water for 30 minutes, Drain and grind in a blender. DO NOT SUBSTITUTE CHILI POWDER.
Gave as gifts for the holidays and ate one out of the pan on the couch with whip cream! Delish!
I wish I could give this recipe more stars. It was phenomenal!!! I followed the recipe pretty much as written, except that I used all pecans as that was all I had. I probably ended up putting in a little more than the amount of chile pepper called for, too. But it was simply fabulous - gooey and chocolatey with just a little kick of something different. This is a keeper for sure. Thanks for sharing, Galley Wench!
This pie is just amazing! 10 stars! It is every naughty thing you could ask for in a pie. Chocolately & nutty, with a gooey caramel like filling. YUM! Really is best served warm, and it doesn't even need whipped cream or ice cream it is that good. Thanks so much for posting! Nick's Mom