Amish Stuffing (Dressing)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- On 2 cookie sheets, toast the bread cubes for 15 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown.
- Transfer to a very large mixer bowl.
- Bone the chicken and very finely chop the meat, discarding the skin. (I do this in the food processor while chicken is still warm.)
- Add the chopped vegetables and chicken meat to the bread, along with the seasonings. Toss.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs;add the evaporated milk and broth.
- Pour over the bread mixture and blend.
- The mixture will be quite moist. Allow to stand 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Transfer the dressing to an oiled 3 quart glass casserole that is 10 inches in diameter and 3 inches deep (at this point, dressing can be frozen for future use; thaw before baking.)
- Bake dressing for 2 hours, or until the center of the