Recipe by grandma2969
this will make about 40 pies..depending on size...this Amish cook uses a cool whip bowl to cut circles...she says when storing them..do not put a lid on or they will get soggy...you can freeze them unbaked..or fried and then remove them from freezer and fry as many as needed
- 9 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Crisco shortening
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups water
- 4 lbs powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first set of ingredients like a pie dough -- cut a circle the size you want your pie.wet the edges with water and fill with your favorite pie filling -- about 1 heaping tablespoonful.
- Fold over and crimp the edges -- with a fork.
- Deep fry in crisco shortening until slightly brown --
- Place on wire racks to drain.