Recipe by WI Cheesehead
This is off of the www.armchair.com website. They have a bunch of variations. I tried their Apple Bread and used strawberries instead, so I think you could use any number of fresh fruit with it.
Top Review by Chef Tweaker
I followed this except that I omitted the nuts. I wish it had less oil in it but I was making it for a potluck so didn't mind since someone else gets to eat the calories! May try much less oil in the future. I used Granny Smiths that I cut into 8ths then sliced crosswise. They added a tart contrast to the bread. This was a good use for the frozen starter that I had in the fridge.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup amish batter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3 cups fresh fruit, diced, chopped or sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease 2 loaf pans.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the nuts and fruit.
- Pour into the prepared pans and bake 50-60 minutes.