Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is an adapted Amish bread recipe for your bread machine.
- 2 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 18 tablespoons warm water
- Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select White Bread cycle; press Start.
- When the dough has raised once and second cycle of kneading begins, turn machine off. Reset by pressing Start once again. This gives the dough two full raising cycles before the final raising cycle prior to baking.
- My machine takes 2 1/2 hours from start to finish (baked).