Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A yummy classic! Sweet Peach Iced Tea! This tasty, cool, refreshing treat is sure to quench any thirst! Filled with a fresh peach taste, that will remind of you a lazy summer day, long after summers' past! To Serve: Dip the rim of a tall ice tea glass with peach syrup, then dip in granulated sugar! Top it off with a peach slice affixed to the rim, and some ice cubes and Enjoy!
- 8 -12 black tea bags, non flavored, tags removed if any
- 1 (15 ounce) can yellow cling peaches, reserve syrup
- 1 cup sugar, can substitute artificial sweetener
- 2 1⁄3 quarts water
- In a 3qt stock pot, combine the tea bags, water and sugar.
- Brew on med-low heat.
- Open the canned peaches, and drain the syrup into the pot.
- Drop in 3-5 peach slices.
- Reserve the rest of the peaches on the side.
- Brew the tea to just under a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Strain off the tea bags, but leave the peach slices.
- Return tea to pot, cover and let sit until tea is room temperature.
- Place tea into a a pitcher for serving.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
Mmmmmm, summer and sweet tea. This has a perfect amount of sweetening and the peachiness (is that a word?) is great. It just makes you want to take that iced pitcher and move out to the porch and put your feet up with a good book. Simple to make and made with things I always have on hand. Pure pleasure.
I made this tonight to go with a pork chop dinner that I served my DD, DSIL and DW. I thought it was pretty good but the others weren't so crazy about it. My DW is a plain sweet tea drinker and adding fruit just isn't her cup of tea! But I liked it. Made for PAC 2011.