Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I was looking for a rum cake recipe and I found this one in one of my mom's old church cookbooks. It actually turned out great! It's really moist and the the flavors of the apricot nectar and the rum go together well. My favorite rum to use with this is Bacardi gold. Whenever I make this for people, they always ask me for the recipe. So here it is!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 12 cup bundt or 10 inch tube pan.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, 1/2 c nectar, 1/2 c rum, oil, and raisins in large bowl.
- Blend well, then beat at medium mixer speed 2 minutes.
- Turn into prepared pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining nectar and sugar in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from stove and stir in remaining rum.
- Remove cake from pan to serving plate.
- Prick top and sides.
- Slowly, spoon and brush syrup over warm cake.
I actually just discovered this recipe in an old cookbook. It is a very good rum cake (not quite as good as ones made from scratch) but certainly acceptable if you are short on time. Probably one of the better cake mix rum cakes on this site.