Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found original recipe on a Louis Rich package. Made a few changes. You will be pleasantly surprised. These are so good.
- 2 -3 lbs turkey parts
- 2 -3 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash pepper
- Place turkey in a large pot with water.
- Cook about 1-1/2 hours.
- Refrigerate till ready to use.
- Combine glaze ingredients.
- Preheat grill.
- Cook turkey 20-30 minutes basting with glaze.
- 4 servings.
I forgot to put the stars on my other review. Sorry it was 5 star.
Very easy and tasty. The turkey was moist and the sticky glaze was a treat.
We often eat turkey legs and they can become over cooked and tough very easily. This recipe saved me from that problem and the glaze is so yummy. I baked instead of grilled and even my super picky 6 year-old ate! Thank you!