Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
For variety, add shredded veggies, crumbled tofu, mashed potatoes, leftover carrot pulp, etc. An additional 1/4 cup ground flax may be used for additional binding.
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds, ground
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 tablespoon sweet basil
- 1 cup pecan meal
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups oats
- Bring all ingredients except oats to a boil.
- Remove from heat and the oats. Stir and let sit covered for 5 minutes.
- Form patties on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for minimum 30 minutes or longer to darken.