Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a meatball recipe I received from my hubby's lil grandmother <3 she's such a sweet little Italian woman. These meatballs are really moist and delicious.
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1 small-medium onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten add dash of water
- 4 slices of dry Italian bread
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Start to cook a double batch of Sugu without the ground beef (See sugu recipe).
- Sugu should simmer on low heat about 1 hour before meatballs are placed inside).
- In a large bowl, Mix turkey, garlic, parsley, sweet basil, onion, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and Asiago cheese.
- Soak the slices of bread thoroughly in a bowl of water, squeeze out water and pull apart, add to turkey mixture.
- Add two beaten eggs in mixture to hold together.
- Form meatballs in desired size, then place on a plate.
- Sauté meatballs in 3 tablespoon of olive oil about 2-3 minutes.
- Place meatballs in Sugu.
- Simmer meatballs in Sugu for ½ hour on low heat.
- Serve with pasta and fresh grated Asiago cheese.