1/2 Photos of Amazing Strawberry (Or Blueberry) Shortcake
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Found this amazing recipe in a magazine at the dentist and scrawled it on a scrap of paper. On the way home, I stopped by the market to get necessary ingredients and made it for dinner that evening. Incredible. I am sure any combination of berries would be wonderful. I am a mascarpone cheese convert--it is a softer, more delicate flavor than cream cheese and perfect in this recipe. Hope you enjoy! (Prep time includes 1 hour fruit sits in refrigerator).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In small bowl, stir together berries, sugar, and lemon juice.
- 2Let sit 30 minutes to an hour.
- 3Near serving time, whip 1/2 cup of the heavy cream until soft peaks form.Mix in 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar.
- 4In another bowl, stir mascarpone until smooth. Stir in 3 Tablespoons confectioners' sugar, vanilla and remaining 1/4 cup of the cream.
- 5Fold mascarpone mixture into whipped cream mixture.
- 6To assemble: Place 2 lady fingers on 8 dessert plates and cover with 2 Tablespoons of strawberries, 2 Tablespoons of mascarpone mixture.
- 7Repeat with another lady fingers, laying across in the other direction.
- 8Divide remaining strawberries among plates and top with with remaining mascarpone cheese mixture.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Strawberry (Or Blueberry) Shortcake
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.5
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 191.1 mg
- Sodium 73.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: