Recipe by Sharlene~W
Found this amazing recipe in a magazine at the dentist and scrawled it on a scrap of paper. On the way home, I stopped by the market to get necessary ingredients and made it for dinner that evening. Incredible. I am sure any combination of berries would be wonderful. I am a mascarpone cheese convert--it is a softer, more delicate flavor than cream cheese and perfect in this recipe. Hope you enjoy! (Prep time includes 1 hour fruit sits in refrigerator).
- 3 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced or 3 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar (divided)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream (divided)
- 32 ladyfingers
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, stir together berries, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Let sit 30 minutes to an hour.
- Near serving time, whip 1/2 cup of the heavy cream until soft peaks form.Mix in 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar.
- In another bowl, stir mascarpone until smooth. Stir in 3 Tablespoons confectioners' sugar, vanilla and remaining 1/4 cup of the cream.
- Fold mascarpone mixture into whipped cream mixture.
- To assemble: Place 2 lady fingers on 8 dessert plates and cover with 2 Tablespoons of strawberries, 2 Tablespoons of mascarpone mixture.
- Repeat with another lady fingers, laying across in the other direction.
- Divide remaining strawberries among plates and top with with remaining mascarpone cheese mixture.