Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this amazing recipe in a magazine at the dentist and scrawled it on a scrap of paper. On the way home, I stopped by the market to get necessary ingredients and made it for dinner that evening. Incredible. I am sure any combination of berries would be wonderful. I am a mascarpone cheese convert--it is a softer, more delicate flavor than cream cheese and perfect in this recipe. Hope you enjoy! (Prep time includes 1 hour fruit sits in refrigerator).
- In small bowl, stir together berries, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Let sit 30 minutes to an hour.
- Near serving time, whip 1/2 cup of the heavy cream until soft peaks form.Mix in 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar.
- In another bowl, stir mascarpone until smooth. Stir in 3 Tablespoons confectioners' sugar, vanilla and remaining 1/4 cup of the cream.
- Fold mascarpone mixture into whipped cream mixture.
- To assemble: Place 2 lady fingers on 8 dessert plates and cover with 2 Tablespoons of strawberries, 2 Tablespoons of mascarpone mixture.
- Repeat with another lady fingers, laying across in the other direction.
- Divide remaining strawberries among plates and top with with remaining mascarpone cheese mixture.
Delicious and easy to make.
It took me awhile to find the soft ladyfingers (next to Twinkies) but they made this dessert scrumptious. They soak up the strawberries and cream mixture nicely. I used my Kitchen Aid to mix the mascarpone and accidentally curdled the mixture when I mixed the cream in! It was lumpy but still delicious. Thanks Sharlene, for another great recipe. Roxygirl
So simple to make and so easy to eat! This was one of our Christmas desserts and very well received, thanks for sharing.