Recipe by Punky Julster
True comfort food! I use the Oscar Meyer prepared real bacon bits in the pouch. Prep time includes the time to precook the potatoes.
Top Review by Simply Sarah
I agree that it seemed like something was lacking from this recipe, so I will probably spice it up some next time, but my husband liked it. Then again, he thinks anything with ranch is fantastic. :) Probably not a regular meal I will fix but a sure bet when 10 pound bags of potatoes are on sale!
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup bacon, pieces
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 -8 new potatoes (unpeeled, cooked and quartered)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups French's French fried onions
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the sour cream, bacon bits, dressing, parsley and cheese together.
- Toss mixture with potatoes and place in a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish.
- Mix all ingredients together for the topping.
- Spread over the potato mixture in casserole dish.
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes.