Recipe by Claire #3
I've eaten a lot of peanut butter cookies in my time, but this recipe, which is adapted from a King Arthur recipe called "Triple Play Peanut Butter Cookies" is my new favorite. These cookies are slightly crispy on the outside but chewy on the inside. They are puffy, but not cakey.
Top Review by Luby Luby Luby
With a name like this I was really expecting a "knock your socks off" recipe, however, this just didn't do that. I found the dough to be crumbly and a little difficult to work with. The flavor was ok, but just not what I was expecting. I'm sorry but it just didn't work that well for me.
- 1 cup butter, soft
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups peanut butter chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment or a Silpat.
- Cream butter, sugars, peanut butter, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add eggs one at a time. Stir in the flour until incorporated. Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until set.
- and brown around the edges. Remove from oven and cool on pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan to finish cooling.