Double Delight Peanut Butter Cookies
photo by Katzen
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 14 ounces peanut butter cookie dough, Well Chilled (recommed Pillsbury)
- Heat oven to 375°F
- In small bowl mix chopped peanuts, granulated sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, stir peanut butter and powdered sugar until completedly blended. Shape mixture into 24 balls, about 1 inch each.
- Cut cookie dough slices in half crosswise to make 24 pieces, flatten slightly. Shape 1 cookie dough piece around 1 peanut butter ball, covering completely. Repeat with remaining dough and balls.
- Roll each covered ball in peanut and sugar mixture. gently pat mixture completely onto balls. On ungreased large cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Sprinkle any remaining peanut mixture evenly on tops of cookies, gently press into dough.
- Bake 7 to 12 minutes or untill edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minutes before removing to cooling rack. Store tightly covered.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These cookies are SERIOUS! I doubled the recipe, and took them to a group I meet with tonight, and they were gone in fifteen minutes - they're delicious - and they're over the top decadent, too! They are a little finicky to make, and took quite a bit longer then I'd planned to put together, but for the reaction, it was worth the effort. I will say that I found it a little hard to roll the peanut butter & powdered sugar mixture into balls, and found that putting it in the freezer for ten minutes helped, so I'd recommend that. Also, I'd highly recommend letting these babies cool for 10-15 minutes before moving them, to make sure the bottom has set. I would recommend these for the wow factor, if you're looking for a special treat! Thanks for sharing the recipe, Deb! Made for PRMR Tag.