An amazing bisque filled with crawfish, crab, corn, celery, green onion and more...delicious!!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup minced yellow onion
- 2 (16 ounce) cans corn
- 4 tablespoons minced celery
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup fish stock or 1 cup water
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 cups milk
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons crab boil (optional)
- 2 lbs crawfish tails
- 4 (6 ounce) cans of fancy lump crabmeat
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 1Heat the oil in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the flour a tablespoon at a time, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until blended. Continue stirring to make a light brown roux, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 2Add the onions, corn, celery, garlic, salt, and cayenne and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions soften, about 4 minutes. Slowly stir in the stock or water. Add the bay leaves and bring to a boil. Add the milk, cream, and the crab boil, if using. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- 3Stir in the crab, crawfish, green onions and both cans of potato soup. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4Remove and discard the bay leaves.
- 5Ladle into shallow soup cups or bowls and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Crawfish, Crab and Corn Bisque!!
Serving Size: 1 (491 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 643.0
- Calories from Fat 390
- Total Fat 43.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 247.9 mg
- Sodium 1118.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 32.8 g