Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
An amazing bisque filled with crawfish, crab, corn, celery, green onion and more...delicious!!!!!
Make and share this Amazing Crawfish, Crab and Corn Bisque!! recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup minced yellow onion
- 2 (16 ounce) cans corn
- 4 tablespoons minced celery
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup fish stock or 1 cup water
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 cups milk
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons crab boil (optional)
- 2 lbs crawfish tails
- 4 (6 ounce) cansof fancy lump crabmeat
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- Heat the oil in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the flour a tablespoon at a time, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until blended. Continue stirring to make a light brown roux, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the onions, corn, celery, garlic, salt, and cayenne and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions soften, about 4 minutes. Slowly stir in the stock or water. Add the bay leaves and bring to a boil. Add the milk, cream, and the crab boil, if using. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the crab, crawfish, green onions and both cans of potato soup. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard the bay leaves.
- Ladle into shallow soup cups or bowls and serve hot.