Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This pie is amazing because it's so quick and simple, but it always turns out professional looking and delicious! It's a holiday staple at our house, especially for those who don't like pumpkin pie.
- 1 frozen deep dish pie shell (unbaked)
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole pecans
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large pan melt chocolate and butter over low heat until completely melted, stirring to prevent scortching.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk, hot water, vanilla and beaten eggs. Continue to mix the ingredients over low heat until you have a uniform consistency.
- Stir in pecans and salt.
- Pour mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake 40-45 minutes until center is set.
- Cool completely.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.