Recipe by jl.char
This recipe is one that I worked hard to get off a family member because it's so good. It's made for every family gathering and special occasions and everyone just goes crazy for the stuff. Give it a try and you won't be disappointed. Makes a great side dish.
Top Review by loof
We loved this broccoli casserole! Different than any I've made before but so good. I don't care for onion so used some chopped celery instead. I just used a little cheese whiz and sprinkled cheddar on with the stuffing mix as indicated in the directions. The whole family enjoyed this - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 6 ounces Stove Top stuffing mix, use half of box
- 1⁄2 cup Cheese Whiz
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli 10 minute and drain well.
- In large bowl combine soup, mayo, eggs, onion, cheese whiz, salt and pepper.
- Stir in broccoli and mix well.
- Spoon into 9x13 inches baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine 1/4 cup melted butter and stuffing and sprinkle over broccoli.
- Bake, covered for 45 minutes in 350 degree oven.