Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
An addictive, delicious dip that can be made with apples, pears or any other fruit of your choice. I am asked for the recipe every time I bring it, and never come home with leftovers!
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese or 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 3⁄4 cup chopped toffee pieces
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts (optional) or 1⁄3 cup pecans (optional)
- 12 apples, red and green
- Mix sugar, cream cheese and vanilla with mixer until smooth. Spread into a deep pie dish. Spread caramel topping on top, then sprinkle with toffee bits and nuts.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, core and cut apples into wedges and arrange around the edge of the pie dish, alternating red and green slices.
This gets five stars for taste and ease of preparation. Thanks for the recipe.