Recipe by Leith D.
An addictive, delicious dip that can be made with apples, pears or any other fruit of your choice. I am asked for the recipe every time I bring it, and never come home with leftovers!
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese or 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 3⁄4 cup chopped toffee pieces
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts (optional) or 1⁄3 cup pecans (optional)
- 12 apples, red and green
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, cream cheese and vanilla with mixer until smooth. Spread into a deep pie dish. Spread caramel topping on top, then sprinkle with toffee bits and nuts.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, core and cut apples into wedges and arrange around the edge of the pie dish, alternating red and green slices.