Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
All I can say is this is "Amazing"! With shrimp, pasta, tomatoes, white wine and cream, how can you go wrong? Very easy to put together. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat, melt butter with the oil, then add the shrimp and garlic.
- Cook uncovered for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally until shrimp are done.
- Remove shrimp to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet except for 1/4 c of Parmesan cheese and the pasta.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta and drain.
- Toss shrimp and pasta into the skillet with sauce and distribute everything evenly.
- Serve topped with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
This is excellent! I added a little bit of onion to it. Great flavor. Leftovers were yummy too. Quick enough to add into the everyday repertoire but delicious enough to serve to company.
I made it without the mushrooms for my hubby and regular tomatoes because I didn't have the italian style but it turned out DELICIOUS!! I had to double the wine and cheese only because I needed leftovers but all-in-all it had a wonderfully authentic flavor!! Thank you so much!! Plan to cook it agian next week. Also, my husband truely enjoyed it!!
I had a bag of precooked garlic & parmesan shrimp in the freezer - so I followed the package directions, made the sauce from this recipe & combined the two. It made a very tasty, quick & easy dinner. Thanx Marie!