Recipe by Marie
All I can say is this is "Amazing"! With shrimp, pasta, tomatoes, white wine and cream, how can you go wrong? Very easy to put together. Enjoy!
Top Review by midwifeliz
This is excellent! I added a little bit of onion to it. Great flavor. Leftovers were yummy too. Quick enough to add into the everyday repertoire but delicious enough to serve to company.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat, melt butter with the oil, then add the shrimp and garlic.
- Cook uncovered for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally until shrimp are done.
- Remove shrimp to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet except for 1/4 c of Parmesan cheese and the pasta.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta and drain.
- Toss shrimp and pasta into the skillet with sauce and distribute everything evenly.
- Serve topped with the remaining Parmesan cheese.