Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this up from a bunch or recipes -- it is wonderful served with rice pilaf, or noodles. The meat is so tender-falls off the bone! Time-- does not include natural steam cooling time
- 1360.77 g beef chuck beef short ribs
- 14.79 ml light olive oil
- 414.03 ml beef broth or 414.03 ml stock
- 59.14 ml red wine
- 1 sweet onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 29.58 ml honey
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml coarse salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- Heat oil in heavy pan then brown short ribs ( cut up ) in the oil.
- Put short ribs in pressure cooker.
- Put in pressure cooker red wine, beef broth, onion (sliced thick),
- garlic (chopped), honey, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to high pressure.
- Cook at high pressure for one hour.
- Turn off and let steam come down naturally -- do not open cooker until steam is completely released.
You'll never regret seasoning meat prior to browning. Just do it...
This was great!!! I was so nervous, but they were fall apart tender!
Fast, easy, delicious! I've also added a few tablespoons of my favorite BBQ sauce to the pot after the meat has cooked and some of the liquid drained.