Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a beautiful, flavorful cake that makes a very nice presentation for a party, potluck or buffet. I make this in a tube pan but it could be made in a larger type bundt or specialty type pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a tube pan by coating with non-stick cooking spray and flour (I use Baker's Joy).
- FOR CAKE:.
- Place all ingredients, except eggs into your mixing bowl.
- Blend well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition and beat until mixture is smooth.
- Pout into prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- During the last few minutes the cake is baking, prepare the glaze by placing all glaze ingredients in a small saucepan and mixing well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and boil for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- When cake is ready and removed from the oven, poke holes into the top of the cake with an ice pice or similar object WHILE THE CAKE IS STILL IN THE BAKING PAN.
- Pour the glaze over the cake and let it stand for 20 minutes.
- Invert the cake onto a serving platter and sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.