1 hr 30 mins
This is a beautiful, flavorful cake that makes a very nice presentation for a party, potluck or buffet. I make this in a tube pan but it could be made in a larger type bundt or specialty type pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix (without pudding mix)
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup Amaretto
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 4 eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Prepare a tube pan by coating with non-stick cooking spray and flour (I use Baker's Joy).
- 3FOR CAKE:.
- 4Place all ingredients, except eggs into your mixing bowl.
- 5Blend well.
- 6Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition and beat until mixture is smooth.
- 7Pout into prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 9During the last few minutes the cake is baking, prepare the glaze by placing all glaze ingredients in a small saucepan and mixing well.
- 10Bring the mixture to a boil and boil for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 11When cake is ready and removed from the oven, poke holes into the top of the cake with an ice pice or similar object WHILE THE CAKE IS STILL IN THE BAKING PAN.
- 12Pour the glaze over the cake and let it stand for 20 minutes.
- 13Invert the cake onto a serving platter and sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amaretto Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.3
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 110.0 mg
- Sodium 438.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 44.7 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant pistachio pudding mix