Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
There is no flour in these cookies which makes them perfect for people with gluten allergies
Top Review by KateL
I favor subtle cookies like this. This hit the spot for Recipe #317907 #317907, and DH and I loved munching on them. These were so easy! Thanks for posting, Kittencal! Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
- 1 lb slivered almonds
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract or 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large egg whites (from large or extra large eggs)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or waxed paper, then generously grease the paper.
- Process the almonds in 2 batches in a food processor until finely ground.
- In a bowl combine the almonds with powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extract until blended, then stir in the egg whites; mix to combine (the batter will be sticky!).
- Drop from a teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for abouit 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.