1/3 Photos of Always Perfect Pie Crust or Pastry
2 hrs 20 mins
Before you get rolling, with floured hands, shape dough into a disk. Sprinkle with just a little flour. This makes rolling easy. The cooking time is chill time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a very large bowl combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Cut in butter leaving pea sized chunks.
- 2In a 2 cup glass measure whisk water, sour cream, and vinegar; pour, all at once into flour mixture, and quickly distribute. Stop!
- 3Make sure dough is slightly crumbly. Divide dough mixture into 3 equal portions (about 12 to 13 ounces each) Refrigerate for 2 hours and best overnight (finish by hand). DO NOT OVER MIX- the finished dough should break, not stretch.
- 4Gently knead in bag to bring dough together. Form into discs.
- 5Use at once or wrap and store in refrigerator for several days or in freezer for up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in refrigerator if frozen.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Always Perfect Pie Crust or Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (1077 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1550.5
- Calories from Fat 994
- Total Fat 110.5 g
- Saturated Fat 69.1 g
- Cholesterol 288.8 mg
- Sodium 1249.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 123.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 17.4 g