Who needs store bought syrup anymore. This tastes much better! I have made it many times. Use it for ice cream, chocolate milk, on top of brownies, or chug straight from the bottle...no, I would never do that. ;) This recipe came from the Food Network website where it rates a solid five stars.
- In a small pot, bring water and sugar to a boil.
- Whisk in cocoa, vanilla, salt, and corn syrup until all the solids have dissolved.
- Reduce sauce until slightly thickened.
- Strain and cool to room temperature.
- Pour into squeeze bottles.
- Keep in the fridge.
- One serving equals about 1/2 cup.