Recipe by Molidol
Who needs store bought syrup anymore. This tastes much better! I have made it many times. Use it for ice cream, chocolate milk, on top of brownies, or chug straight from the bottle...no, I would never do that. ;) This recipe came from the Food Network website where it rates a solid five stars.
Top Review by mums the word
Definitely 5* taste here Molidol! My only suggestion is to use a large sauce pan as I started with the smaller size and it almost boiled over. I quickly grabbed the next size up, dumped it in that pan and continued on my way. Excellent, thanks for sharing. Made for Fall PAC 2011.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium or large pot, bring water and sugar to a boil.
- Whisk in cocoa, vanilla, salt, and corn syrup until all the solids have dissolved.
- Reduce sauce until slightly thickened.
- Strain and cool to room temperature.
- Pour into squeeze bottles.
- Keep in the fridge.
- One serving equals about 1/2 cup.