1/2 Photos of Alton Brown's Cocoa Syrup
Who needs store bought syrup anymore. This tastes much better! I have made it many times. Use it for ice cream, chocolate milk, on top of brownies, or chug straight from the bottle...no, I would never do that. ;) This recipe came from the Food Network website where it rates a solid five stars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small pot, bring water and sugar to a boil.
- 2Whisk in cocoa, vanilla, salt, and corn syrup until all the solids have dissolved.
- 3Reduce sauce until slightly thickened.
- 4Strain and cool to room temperature.
- 5Pour into squeeze bottles.
- 6Keep in the fridge.
- 7One serving equals about 1/2 cup.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alton Brown's Cocoa Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.2
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 63.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 76.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g