Recipe by WizzyTheStick
You can peel the potatoes or leave the skins on in this recipe. I think the skins add something to the flavour and texture of this dish.
Top Review by Aaliyah's&Aaron'sMum
This is a wonderful side dish. I make potatoes almost similar to this recipe but without beans, I love the addition of the beans. Very easy to make and great flavours! Thank you, WizzyTheStick, for sharing this wonderful recipe, definitely will be making it again!
- 3 tablespoons ghee or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 potatoes, medium-size (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth or 2 cups water
- salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil. Add the potatoes and cook for two minutes browning them on all sides.
- Stir in the green beans and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until they begin to brown and blister.
- Add the onions and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Next add the garlic and stir well. Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Mix in the curry powder and cook a few minutes unti the curry begins to release it's aromas.
- Add the broth and salt.
- Partly cover the pot and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the lid and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.