1/1 Photo of Aloo Keema (Potato and Mince Curry)
1 hr 10 mins
this is great with rice or pitas, i make it all the time since its a quick meal
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 450 g beef or 450 g ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 2 -3 tomatoes, chopped
- 300 g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 3 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 1Fry onions in a heavy based pan over medium heat.
- 2when onions are soft but not brown, add meat, garlic and ginger and cook over medium heat about 3-5 mins or until all the moisture has dried from the minced meat.
- 3ad spices + 3 tbsp water and stirring constantly, cook another 2 minutes.
- 4add chopped tomatoes and yogurt and cook for about 10 mins, stirring constantly.
- 5add potatoes, mix well.
- 6add 1 cup of water, cover andcook 30 mins over low heat or until potatoes are tender.
- 7add garam masala , chillies and coriander right before serving.
- 8mix well.
- 9serve hot with naan,chapati or rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aloo Keema (Potato and Mince Curry)
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.2
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 25.5 mg
- Sodium 614.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 5.6 g