Recipe by grapefruit
this is great with rice or pitas, i make it all the time since its a quick meal
Top Review by Qais M.
It wasn't the best aloo keema, but it was a good effort. I had a few problems with it, for example who puts tomatoes in aloo keema? It just doesn't make sense. This is coming from a Pakistani that has lived in Pakistan for his whole life. Sorry to tell you, BUT THIS RECIPE IS TRASH, YOU NEED TO FIX IT BEFORE YOU POISON SOMEONE! Just some advice ;)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 450 g beef or 450 g ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 2 -3 tomatoes, chopped
- 300 g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 3 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry onions in a heavy based pan over medium heat.
- when onions are soft but not brown, add meat, garlic and ginger and cook over medium heat about 3-5 mins or until all the moisture has dried from the minced meat.
- ad spices + 3 tbsp water and stirring constantly, cook another 2 minutes.
- add chopped tomatoes and yogurt and cook for about 10 mins, stirring constantly.
- add potatoes, mix well.
- add 1 cup of water, cover andcook 30 mins over low heat or until potatoes are tender.
- add garam masala , chillies and coriander right before serving.
- mix well.
- serve hot with naan,chapati or rice.