Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
this is great with rice or pitas, i make it all the time since its a quick meal
Make and share this Aloo Keema (Potato and Mince Curry) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 450 g beef or 450 g ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 2 -3 tomatoes, chopped
- 300 g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 3 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- Fry onions in a heavy based pan over medium heat.
- when onions are soft but not brown, add meat, garlic and ginger and cook over medium heat about 3-5 mins or until all the moisture has dried from the minced meat.
- ad spices + 3 tbsp water and stirring constantly, cook another 2 minutes.
- add chopped tomatoes and yogurt and cook for about 10 mins, stirring constantly.
- add potatoes, mix well.
- add 1 cup of water, cover andcook 30 mins over low heat or until potatoes are tender.
- add garam masala , chillies and coriander right before serving.
- mix well.
- serve hot with naan,chapati or rice.
Good recipe, however I have to agree with previous comments as this dish was a little bland in taste (smelled great though!). Next time, put a little bit more salt :)
The whole family loved it and 2 mixed jalapeños in at the table......yummy!!!
Will make this again - even without the garam masala (and forgetting to put in the coriander at the end), it was delicious.