Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 mins
- 1⁄2 kg potato (small and round)
- oil (for frying)
- 125 g onion paste
- 30 g ginger paste
- 50 g curds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 6 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 5 green chilies
- 25 g fresh coriander leaves
- Peel the small and round potatoes and keep in salty water for 1/2 hour.
- Fry in oil till golden brown and firm.
- Keep aside.
- Take oil in a handi and crackle the cloves, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Add the onion paste.
- Stir for about 5-6 minutes till oil comes to the sides.
- Add the ginger paste and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Bhunno (simmer).
- Broil cummin seeds in a dry pan and grind them to a powder.
- Add sugar and broiled cummin powder and stir for 2 minutes.
- Beat the curd and add to the handi.
- Lower the temperature and immerse the fried potatoes for simmering.
- Cook till potatoes are tender by covering the top of the handi.
- Do not let the steam escape.
- Add garam masala powder and close the lid.
- Take off the fire.
- Serve hot garnished with slit green chillies and chopped coriander leaves.