Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
When my dad was living, he loved KFC coleslaw and he swore that this was just like it or better. Never had it side by side to taste test it but this is a very good version of it.
- 1 head cabbage
- 236.59 ml baby carrots
- 59.14 ml onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 354.88 ml Miracle Whip
- 59.14 ml sugar
- milk, enough to make mixture creamy
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2.46-4.92 ml celery seed, to desired taste
- Put cabbage, carrots and bell pepper through food processor. Or you can grate with a hand grater.
- Grate onion to ensure you have exactly 1/4 c onion. Any more onion and it will ruin the whole batch.
- Place in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix together miracle whip, salt, pepper, celery seed, sugar and enough milk to make mixture creamy.
- Pour over cabbage mixture.
- Best if put in fridge to allow the ingredients to mix together.
- NOTE: real mayo don't work as well with this recipe.
I went out and bought Miracle Whip (Light) so that I could make this recipe and it was well worth it.I was a little worried because there was no acid but the Miracle Whip gave it the zip it needed. Chopping and grating the ingredient is fairly quick if you do not want to use your processor. I used celery salt in place of the celery seeds and that worked out fine too. A great recipe for coleslaw.
very good,family loved it.