Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I keep swearing to my husband that this is halfway healthy and decided to see what the nutritional value actually says. It is very good and not near as spicy as one might think. If you like it hotter, use spicy V8.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 46 ounces V8 vegetable juice (may not use all depending on desired consistency)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 16 ounces tabasco brand chili sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked macaroni
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 fluid ounce Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Brown ground turkey in skillet (I boil mine).
- Add all ingredients into large pot and bring to a boil over medium.
- Reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally for at least 30 minutes.
I am rating this as a 3 star because the description indicates that the recipe is "not near as spicy as you might think". When dd made this for her one meal a week that she cooks, we all thought it was quite spicy, even though she cut the spices back by about half. I understand that "spicy" is a relative term. DD doesn't do heat all that well, but dh & I both enjoy heat, and still found this chili to be quite spicy. The recipe did go together easily, and except for the spiciness being much more than anticipated, it was pretty good.