Prep 5 mins
Cook 28 mins
A light finale to a big dinner, this is too easy and tasty not to make.
Make and share this Almond Shortbread recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With mixer beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in almond extract and salt.
- Mix in flour and blend into a soft dough by hand.
- Press dough into an ungreased 8x8" pan, top with almonds, pressing into dough bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown around edges.
- Use a dull knife to cut into squares while still warm when cool use a spatula to transfer slices to a rack to completely cool.
MY DH loves almond anything and this was great! I used more almond extract for his taste and will definitely make again. Thank you!
Great tasting & so easy to make! I also like the taste of almond so took a tip from one of the other reviews & almost doubled the amount of almond extract! Definitely a winning recipe, the fruits of which I shared during a recent potluck! Thanks for posting this great recipe! [Made & reviewed in the current Let's P-A-R-T-Y! event]
an ok recipe. I followed the instruction exactly. first , it is not sweet enough. secondly when cutting in warm , it break down. I believe if the almon dis roasted , and sugar added, it could pump to 4.5 star. Thank you for sharing though.