A light finale to a big dinner, this is too easy and tasty not to make.
Make and share this Almond Shortbread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With mixer beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in almond extract and salt.
- Mix in flour and blend into a soft dough by hand.
- Press dough into an ungreased 8x8" pan, top with almonds, pressing into dough bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown around edges.
- Use a dull knife to cut into squares while still warm when cool use a spatula to transfer slices to a rack to completely cool.