Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for a holiday cookie tray.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 -4 ounce hersheys milk chocolate candy bar, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, finely chopped
- Cream butter with a mixer, add both sugars, mix to combine.
- Add egg yolk, salt and flour.
- Pat mixture into a 9 by 13" pan.
- Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Put chocolate bar on top of hot crust, once it begins to melt spread over the entire crust.
- Top with the chopped almonds.
- Let chocolate harden and set up before cutting into bars.