Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is flavored from canned Solo almond cake and pastry filling and raspberry jam.
Make and share this Almond Raspberry Chocolate Torte recipe from Food.com.
- 6 eggs, room temperature separated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 1⁄2 ounces almond filling, divided
- 2 tablespoons almond liqueur
- 1 1⁄4 cups cake flour (That is presifted and then measured to 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided (2 tablespoons for chocolate rest for filling and frosting)
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup fresh raspberry (optional)
- Prepare 2 8 inch cake pan by greasing with butter apply wax paper to pan then butter again.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat egg white and cream of tartar using clean, dry and oil free bowl and beaters till soft peaks form set aside.
- Beat egg yolks, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl tat high speed for 3 minutes. Beat in 3/4 of the can of almond filling and the almond liquor to the yolk mixture. Sift the sifted flour, baking powder and salt together; add to the yolk mixture and beat till just combined.
- Gentle fold in the egg whites thoroughly into the batter.
- Pour into the pans and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes and remove to a rack removing the wax paper.
- Spread jam equally on the 2 cakes.
- Cool completely.
- Melt 3 ounces of chocolate with 2 tablespoons cream stir to mix in well.
- Spread gently over the raspberry layers.
- Beat whipping cream with chilled clan beaters till stiff peaks form.
- Remove 1 cup whipped cream, adding the remaining almond filling to the 1 cup of cream.
- Place the filling on the chocolate layer and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Place the other layer chocolate side down on to the filling,.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream on the sides and top of cake.
- Coat the sides with the toasted almonds.
- Make Chocolate curls by shaving the remaining chocolate with a vegetable peeler.
- Top cake with curls or raspberries.