1/4 Photos of Almond Raspberry Chocolate Torte
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe is flavored from canned Solo almond cake and pastry filling and raspberry jam.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 eggs, room temperature separated
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 1/2 ounces almond filling, divided
- 2 tablespoons almond liqueur
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour (That is presifted and then measured to 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided (2 tablespoons for chocolate rest for filling and frosting)
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup fresh raspberry (optional)
- 1Prepare 2 8 inch cake pan by greasing with butter apply wax paper to pan then butter again.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Beat egg white and cream of tartar using clean, dry and oil free bowl and beaters till soft peaks form set aside.
- 4Beat egg yolks, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl tat high speed for 3 minutes. Beat in 3/4 of the can of almond filling and the almond liquor to the yolk mixture. Sift the sifted flour, baking powder and salt together; add to the yolk mixture and beat till just combined.
- 5Gentle fold in the egg whites thoroughly into the batter.
- 6Pour into the pans and bake for 20 minutes.
- 7Cool 5 minutes and remove to a rack removing the wax paper.
- 8Spread jam equally on the 2 cakes.
- 9Cool completely.
- 10Melt 3 ounces of chocolate with 2 tablespoons cream stir to mix in well.
- 11Spread gently over the raspberry layers.
- 12Beat whipping cream with chilled clan beaters till stiff peaks form.
- 13Remove 1 cup whipped cream, adding the remaining almond filling to the 1 cup of cream.
- 14Place the filling on the chocolate layer and freeze for 20 minutes.
- 15Place the other layer chocolate side down on to the filling,.
- 16Spread the remaining whipped cream on the sides and top of cake.
- 17Coat the sides with the toasted almonds.
- 18Make Chocolate curls by shaving the remaining chocolate with a vegetable peeler.
- 19Top cake with curls or raspberries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Raspberry Chocolate Torte
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.6
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 192.1 mg
- Sodium 161.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: