1 hr 5 mins
Master Chef Craig's Note:
Great cookie to give during Christmas
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together butter with sugar and almond extract until light and fluffy.
- 2add food coloring, then work in flour which has been sifted with salt and baking powder.
- 3Divide the dough in two equal part.
- 4shape one half in wax paper and roll into 1 inch diameter; chill for one hour.
- 5roll out the other half into a rectangle just as long as the other half.
- 6Stretch and roll the marzipan into a rope just as long as the rectanglular dough, roll up into the dough , shape in wax paper the same size as the first half and chill for one hour.
- 7cut into 1/4 inch slices, place a disk of dough without marzipan on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper first, then top with disk of dough with marzipan on top.
- 8Bake in a preheated oven to 350 for 20 minutes or at 400 for 10 minutes until light golden brown.
- 9cool on a wire rack.
- 10frost with powder sugar glaze and top with slivered almonds.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Marzipan Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.2
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 118.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: