Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great cookie to give during Christmas
Make and share this Almond Marzipan Shortbread Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Cream together butter with sugar and almond extract until light and fluffy.
- add food coloring, then work in flour which has been sifted with salt and baking powder.
- Divide the dough in two equal part.
- shape one half in wax paper and roll into 1 inch diameter; chill for one hour.
- roll out the other half into a rectangle just as long as the other half.
- Stretch and roll the marzipan into a rope just as long as the rectanglular dough, roll up into the dough , shape in wax paper the same size as the first half and chill for one hour.
- cut into 1/4 inch slices, place a disk of dough without marzipan on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper first, then top with disk of dough with marzipan on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 350 for 20 minutes or at 400 for 10 minutes until light golden brown.
- cool on a wire rack.
- frost with powder sugar glaze and top with slivered almonds.