Prep 20 mins
Cook 16 mins
I love these almond-y cookies. They are not too sweet and the contain Almond paste, almond extract, salted almonds and blanched almonds! I have been told they are even better the next day but I have never waited that long.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (7 ounce) package almond paste or 1 (7 ounce) package marzipan, grated
- 1 large egg, plus
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 cup salted almond, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup blanched slivered almond
- Melt butter over low heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Stir together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until thoroughly blended.
- Beat in the grated almond paste, and then the egg, egg yolk and almond extract.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda on lowest mixer speed, beat until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped and slivered almonds.
- Place large scoops of dough (about 2 tablespoons per scoop or a #50 cookie scoop) onto parchment-covered cookie sheets, doing no more than 8 scoops per cookie sheet.
- Place one cookie sheet on each oven rack.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, then reverse cookie sheets so that the bottom one is now on the top rack and vice versa.
- Bake another 6-8 minutes, or until cookies are just barely golden and slightly puffed.
- If you chill your dough like I usually do you may need a few additional minutes.
- Remove cookies from heat and allow them to cool on the cookie sheets for about 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.