1/1 Photo of Almond Glazed Sugar Cookies
These are delicious! So simple to make and so tasty. This recipe comes from the "Land O Lakes Website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1Heat oven to 400°.
- 2Combine butter, sugar and almond extract in large bowl.
- 3Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- 4Reduce speed to low; add all remaining cookie ingredients.
- 5Beat until well mixed.
- 6Roll dough into 1 inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 7Flatten balls to 1/4 inch thickness with bottom of buttered glass dipped in sugar.
- 8Bake for 7-9 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned.
- 9Cool 1 minute; remove from sheets.
- 10Cool completely.
- 11Stir together all glaze ingredients with wire whisk in small bowl.
- 12Decorate cooled cookies with glaze and sliced almonds.
- 13Glaze sets up quickly.
- 14Frost and decorate a few cookies at a time.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Glazed Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (841 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.5
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 43.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 0.6 g