Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 mins
These are delicious! So simple to make and so tasty. This recipe comes from the "Land O Lakes Website.
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Combine butter, sugar and almond extract in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Reduce speed to low; add all remaining cookie ingredients.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten balls to 1/4 inch thickness with bottom of buttered glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from sheets.
- Cool completely.
- Stir together all glaze ingredients with wire whisk in small bowl.
- Decorate cooled cookies with glaze and sliced almonds.
- Glaze sets up quickly.
- Frost and decorate a few cookies at a time.
I make these every Christmas!
Made a half batch - excellent cookie! Thanks a bunch.
So delicious! I only got 24 cookies, but my family likes a larger cookie. I added half an almond to the top before baking. Oh--and I had to add about 2 TBSP more flour. Thanks!