Almond Flour Applesauce Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine wet ingredients in bowl of food processor. Pulse to beat eggs well.
- Add dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Fill paper muffin cups almost full. (Because of the lack of gluten, these muffins do not rise like wheat flour based muffins do.).
- Bake on center rack of oven for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from pan and cool on rack. Store in refrigerator. These freeze extremely well.
- Try the following variations in place of the applesauce and cinnamon: 1 banana and 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 whole orange (including peel) and 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 whole zucchini or summer squash (including skin) and 1 teaspoon dried tarragon. Pulse fruits into a smooth paste before adding the other wet ingredients.