Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons almonds, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond liqueur
- Mix all the ingredients altogether very well.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
DELICIOUS! I used this in a trifle with strawberries and blueberries, and additional crushed almonds on top ~ quite a step above my usual trifle. Thanks for posting ~ made for HOLIDAY TAG, September 2009!
This came together wonderfully well and I used it to top a cake.The remainder will be served with strawberries. I used mascarpone cheese and frangelico hazelnut liqueur. I did not put in the chopped nuts as I am not a huge nut person. I like this a lot because of its versatility. Made for holiday tag.